Please read the application instructions carefully before submitting your application. We will not consider incomplete applications.
A complete application consists of:
1. Resume: Please use U.S. format. This means no picture, date of birth, marital or familial status, etc.
2. Cover Letter.
3. Proposal: Please include the following three sections:
- Story proposals: please include a short description of each story you plan to cover (about 200 words each). You do not need to have interviews confirmed, but you should indicate whom you plan to contact. Please also specify the language of publication, medium (radio, print, etc.), audience, plans for publication, and your ability to translate stories into English or German if this is not the language of publication.
- Travel Itinerary: please outline your dates of travel, destinations, and possible interviews in each location. You may travel for 5 days anytime between April 1 and May 20, 2016. Fellows may extend travel for a maximum of an additional 5 days, but these additional dayswill not be covered by the fellowship.
- Social Media Engagement: briefly explain how you plan to engage with HBS North America in the course of your fellowship.
4. Work samples
- Please submit two work samples.
- If your previous work is not in English, German, Spanish, or French, please provide a briefsummary of each of your work samples.
To apply, click here. For questions, please contact Hannah Winnick, Program Director, Transatlantic Dialogue on Democracy and Social Policy, at email@example.com.
The application deadline is March 4, 2016. We strongly encourage early applications.