Hey Bay Area folks – Radio Bilingue seeks a spanish-speaking producer, part-time. Application deadline February 20. Details below.
Radio Bilingüe, the national Latino public radio network, is looking for a radio producer for our Oakland newsroom to help produce a nationally-distributed talk show and news service.
Position: Associate News Producer (part-time, 32 hours a week)
Reports to: News and Information Director
The Associate News Producer is responsible for assisting hosts and producers in preparing all sources for mid-day radio talk-show Línea Abierta for broadcast and web distribution. Provide continuing on-air promotion for Línea Abierta and news service Noticiero Latino.
- Assist host in preparing for the show.
- Book program guests for Línea Abierta.
- Conduct computer-assisted research and pre-interviews.
- Post news content on RB’s website.
- Provide timely information for program announcements and other promotional activities.
- Maintain updated database of program content.
- Obtain, edit and prepare for broadcast taped news material.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Must speak fluent Spanish and English. Excellent writing and on-air announcing skills. Computer proficiency. Familiar with digital editing software and techniques and web publishing tools. Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and able to work independently. Strong interest in public affairs topics such as government, health, immigration, education, the environment, and others. College degree in journalism, communications or comparable experience of related exposure.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to: Samuel Orozco, email@example.com
The deadline to apply is February 20.