I occasionally post unpaid positions if the organization is really worthwhile and this one is. Making Contact is home to many FC members, and it's a great opportunity to learn and do some on-the-job networking. Details below.
please forward widely…contact info is below in email message
Making Contact is Seeking Interns for Spring 2011!
Making Contact is an internationally syndicated, public affairs program, heard on over 200 radio stations. We focus on topics of environmental, economic, political and social justice. We highlight stories of progressive organizing and systemic solutions. The staff of Making Contact is small, but extremely talented, committed, intelligent, seasoned and professional. We are seeking individuals who are energetic team players.
1. Production Intern
National Radio Project is looking for a 12-20hr/week Production Intern. The intern must be reliable and flexible, familiar with community and public radio, and able to make a 6-12 month commitment.
The intern will learn how to produce a radio segment or feature for "Making Contact." (S)he will learn audio editing, voicing, script writing, interviewing and field reporting. By the time the intern leaves, he or she will have produced at least one piece for us for national broadcast.
- Must have excellent research skills.
- Ability to book and conduct interviews (in-person and phone interviews) and assist in script writing
- Qualified individuals should have a basic knowledge of how to use a microphone, digital audio recorder, headphones, and how to plug into a multbox.
- Some knowledge of Cool Edit Pro/Pro Tools/Sound Forge or any other applicable editing software is preferred.
responsibilities include: transcription, audio editing, selecting soundbites/clips, participating in listening/critique sessions and attending meetings, as needed.
To Apply: Download the production internship application at our website: http://www.radioproject.org/production/prodintern.html Copy and Paste into a Word document, and send completed application to email@example.com along with an introductory e-mail letter (2-3 paragraphs is fine) and resume.
2. Online Social Marketing Intern
National Radio Project is looking for a 6-12hr/week Online Social Marketing Intern and Online Mobilizer. Some tasks that you might do include:
- · Designing and implementing outreach strategies to generate and increase awareness online.
- · Creating and then managing profiles / pages / events / campaigns in social media sites (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- · Corresponding with blogs and social media portals that cover the environment, gender, immigration, or other topics we cover
- · Researching and identifying potential publicity opportunities and exploring ways in which we might engage our user community both within our existing sites and on external social media platforms.
To Apply: Download the organizational internship application at our website: http://www.radioproject.org/getinvolved/orgintern.html. Copy and Paste into a Word document, and send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an introductory e-mail letter (2-3 paragraphs is fine) and resume.
3. Web Editing intern
National Radio Project is looking for an intern who can help update our website for roughly 3-5 hours a week. We're looking for a candidate who knows HTML and can navigate through Dreamweaver and content management systems such as WordPress. Knowledge of Photoshop or basic photo editing program preferred. The intern will work at home, but will occasionally need to come into our offices. This internship is unpaid.
—Making basic word and formatting edits to our website (www.radioproject.org)