The application is due July 1.
2012 Online Application — Available Now!
2012 Application Posted: May 1, 2012
2012 Application Deadline: July 1, 2012, 11:59 PM
2012 Selection Notification: July 31, 2012
The Above the Fray application is accessible online only and consists of the following items:
1. Basic personal details and work experience.
2. A pitch to report from a far-flung or otherwise under-reported foreign region.
3. Two (2) on-air clips, either audio or video that may either be uploaded as attachments or sent as links.
4. Three (3) essays to be uploaded as attachments. Essay topics are specified in the online application form.
5. Two (2) letters of recommendation (requested online via our application system). These are due the same day as the rest of the application materials—July 1—so be sure to request them with ample time to meet the deadline. Once your application has been saved as a draft, a link to request your recommendations will be activated.
Optional: You may also upload up to two (2) additional work samples.