The Multimedia Journalist Fellowship with the Public Policy Lab (PPL) offers outstanding working professionals an opportunity to gain significant experience working on unique and challenging projects in the public sector.
The PPL is seeking a versatile multimedia journalist who can capture visual and audio content and create stories for multiple platforms. This role allows you to work closely with the project team (designers and social scientists), civic servants, and the public.
- Fellowship includes a $2,000 stipend
- Approximately 2 days per week for a 4-week period, beginning in May 2014
- Based in Dumbo, Brooklyn
PPL fellows will be expected to:
- Gather information and stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Shoot photos and record audio to capture stakeholder experiences and document the project process.
- Edit and produce narratives for multiple platforms, such as presentations, digital channels, and print publications.
- Deliverables might include short web films, photo collages, audio narratives, etc.
- Work with team members to strategize and visualize potential design solutions.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree (B.F.A. or equivalent), or 3 or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Ability to adhere to project budgets and deadlines.
- Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check (as we may be interviewing children).
- Must have access to or own necessary equipment (camera, computer, etc).