From the good people at The Moth:
The Moth, the nationally known arts organization and creators of the Peabody-Award-winning The Moth Radio Hour and popular podcast, is seeking a paid media intern to join our team!
Love stories? Love media? The Moth Media Department would love to have you. We’re currently seeking one intern to assist us with various media-related support, which includes but is not limited to:
- Working on external media requests
- Helping to inventory our 15+ year archive of audio and video
- Assisting The Moth’s media team with other projects as needed
- Video editing and capturing experience, either with Final Cut Pro 7 or Final Cut Express
- Audio editing experience, preferably with ProTools or Audacity
- Enthusiasm for storytelling and meeting new people
· 40-hour a week; our office hours are 10-6, but we’re flexible to work around your schedule
Who We Are
The Moth is an acclaimed nonprofit organization dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling. Through its ongoing programs – The Moth Mainstage, Moth StorySLAMs, MothSHOP Community Education Program, MothSHOP Corporate, and the Moth Podcast – The Moth has presented more than three thousand stories, told live and without notes, to standing-room-only crowds worldwide. The Peabody Award-winning The Moth Radio Hour, produced by Jay Allison and presented by PRX, The Public Radio Exchange, airs on more than 250 public radio stations across the country. www.themoth.org
This is a paid internship. $10/hour, with a commitment of at least 3 months.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 8th, with the subject line “Media Internship – Spring 2013” and the following materials: your resume, a brief cover letter, and links to your video reel and any past audio projects (if available).