Interesting new opportunity from the Instructional Telecommunications Foundation. Help spread the word – details HERE and below.
I'm excited to send a sneak peek of a the Media Ideation Fellowship, a program that I've been working on with The Instructional Telecommunications Foundation. Read on and feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.
The Media Ideation Fellowship program (www.mediaideation.org) is a mixture of paid three- and six-month fellowship opportunities to young technologists and changemakers who want to solve some of our nation's toughest social problems. The application process will open in Fall 2012, and we're hoping to recruit a diverse set of five early career individuals and graduate students in our inaugural year. Fellowships will start in early 2013.
Each fellow will receive financial support, be matched with a mentor who can help bring their ideas to life, and be connected to a vibrant network of progressive technologists and change makers.
Here are two easy ways to stay in the loop as we prepare for launch:
- Follow @mediaideation on Twitter.
- Subscribe to our low-traffic enewsletter: http://eepurl.com/kRbVH
How you can help: We are committed to recruiting a diverse set of fellows, and as such, communities like this list will be invaluable. Here's how you can help spread the word:
- Share this email with potential fellowship candidates.
- Become a mentor. If you're a veteran of the start-up space or consider yourself a seasoned entrepreneur, drop me a line. You could be a tremendous resource to a young leader. Email me for more details.
- Be a connector. Do you know great communities that would make for good recruiting ground? Are you involved in any academic programs that focus on social justice and social ventures? Please, email me with names of institutions and organizations that we should know about.
I'll be at AMC, Netroots Nation, and PDF this June and would be happy to meet with folks who are interested in learning more. Drop me a line and we'll set up a time to chat.