Latino USA, a great show with a great team, is hiring 1-2 engineers/producers. It sounds like the details are still TBD which is the perfect time to get a foot in the door and show what you do best. Details below.
Latino USA is looking to fill 1 or 2 positions right now. Preferably, we’d love it if you already live in New York, but if you don’t, that’s OK, too. We can still talk about the possibilities. At this point, we’re determining whether these positions are FT or PT, but if either of the below descriptions interests you, then please get in touch with us and specify what you’re looking for.
• Have expert knowledge and operational skills in digital audio production using in-house software-editing platforms. We use Pro Tools and Final Cut.
• Must have extensive production skills with a demonstrated ability to record and mix sound content
• Extensive knowledge of microphones, multi-track and broadcast consoles and audio storage media and archiving
• Must understand equalizers, compressors, limiters, de-esser’s, AD/DA converters and mic pre-amps
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve local and remote networks and modern personal computer hardware
• Establish and monitor any equipment necessary for two-ways and in-house interviews including ISDN, T1/E1, IP Network
• Collaborate closely with managing editor, show host and producers to accommodate a productive and creative broadcast environment
• Creates, maintains and disseminates a variety of production and broadcast logs and reports that address technical issues, helps to solve those problems and works with team to constantly ensure we have the best sound quality for the show
• Work closely with managing editor and host
• Develop sources in the field and maintains excellent working relationships
• Identify and research stories, characters and background for stories
• Develop creative and innovative editorial approach to stories
• Conduct original reporting and interviews on-location, around the country and across the globe
• Write scripts and promos for broadcast
• Field produce the host and write interview questions along with other show segments
• Help with editorial framing and planning of show based on world events, production calendar and upcoming events
• Book, produce and edit host interviews
• Create, produce and develop regular show segments
• Must know how to edit audio, pull bites, and schedule studio time
• Write introductions and prep stories for broadcast, internet and other platforms
• Direct the show as needed, create rundowns, select music, coordinate fixes with engineer and help manage LUSA archives
• Help maintain web page and assist with social media activities
• Collect information from identified content sources for posting to the web
• May be required to support host, including travel logistics, and direct work of interns
• Familiar with studio and field recording, and gathering multi-media materials, including digital photography
• Knowledge of Latino issues, both in the U.S. and abroad, and understanding of issues affecting communities of color
A casual environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and interaction.
The Futuro Media Group highly values diversity in our workplace and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender or sexual orientation.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Submit cover letter and résumé and writing & audio links to:
email@example.com. Must include job title in the subject field or it could get lost. No phone calls, please. Thank you!