Hudson Studio Manager
Term: Full-time, 1-year contract (with opportunity for long-term renewal)
Salary: 1,650/monthly (19,800 annually) + benefits
WGXC 90.7-FM: Hands-on Radio is a creative community radio station serving Greene and Columbia counties in New York’s Hudson Valley. WGXC launched its FM signal February 2011, and transmits 3,300 watts to 78,000 potential listeners in the two counties, and southern Albany County. WGXC is a creative community media project, re-envisioning radio as an innovative platform for local participation with special exhibitions and events, media training for our community's youth and adults, a news blog, and a community calendar of events. WGXC operates out of studios in Hudson, Catskill, and Acra, and is a program of the nonprofit arts organization free103point9, whose mission is to define and cultivate Transmission Arts: creative and experimental use of airwaves.
In addition to managing WGXC’s most active studio location, the Hudson Studio Manager is a leadership position that will play a major role in the day-to-day operations of the station-at-large. The Hudson Studio Manager works closely with a small passionate staff. The position will include the following responsibilities:
· Oversee the day-to-day operations at WGXC's Hudson Studio
· Manage WGXC communication and contacts
· Work with Council Coordinator to prepare council agendas
· Manage FCC filings, compliance, and Public File
· Manage WGXC reporting calendar, and budget working with staff to ensure compliance
· Ensure station policies are followed; manage proposed revisions to the policy handbook
· Coordinate weekly staff meeting
· Coordinate two annual pledge drives, with staff participation and support
· Assist Executive Director with development work
· Manage station memberships and merch sales
· Organize monthly volunteer meetings & orientations
· Maintain current volunteer information
· Connect volunteers with appropriate committees and events
· Track required programmer volunteer hours
· Assist programmers who visit the Hudson studio and need support
· Serve as emergency Day Contact on specified days
Qualified candidates will have experience in community media. Training in radio, non-profit organizational management, strong writing skills, and enthusiasm for experimental media art is desirable. Candidates must be highly organized, energetic, passionate about community and creative radio, and able to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the position title in the subject line.
Resumes will be accepted until December 23, 2011.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
free103point9, WGXC’s parent organization, is an equal-opportunity employer.