NYC folks, check out the job descriptions below.
News Producers (Full-Time)
Democracy Now!, a Manhattan based daily independent news hour, seeks experienced and tech savvy journalist/producers with a passion for independent media to fill full-time News Producer positions. News Producers are responsible for research, booking guests, writing ledes and developing stories.
- Research topics for shows
- Book & pre-interview guests
- Write story ledes
- Work with TV producers to select visual elements
- Monitor national & international news
- In depth knowledge of Democracy Now!
- News research & writing experience
- Line producing experience a plus
- Able to handle multiple deadline driven tasks under pressure
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent news judgment
- Excellent online research skills
- Proficiency in word processing and generally web/computer savvy
This is a full-time New York City based position with benefits. Some travel required. Salary based on experience. Democracy Now! is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages people of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons with diverse gender and sexual identities to apply for job openings. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to job (at) democracynow (dot) org with “News Producer” as the subject. No phone calls.
On-Air Graphic Designer/CG Operator (Part-Time)
Democracy Now!, a Manhattan based daily independent news hour, seeks part-time Live On-Air Graphic Designer/CG Operator. High level of skill in Photoshop and After Effects required. Experience with live news production, Harris Inscriber and Google Earth strongly preferred. This position is available immediately. Please email a resume, cover letter and work sample to job (at) democracynow (dot) org with “Graphics” as subject.