One of our own is hiring for his new show. Check it out. -Mia
Snap Judgment is hiring, please spread the word . . .
Snap Judgment is a brand new, smoking hot, nationally-aired radio / television show funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Join us for the launch of a bold new style of storytelling.
Hosted by Glynn Washington, winner of the Public Radio Talent Quest, the show is a multi-platform experience that interacts with audiences through radio, TV, internet, and the upcoming Snap Judgment Stageshow. Snap Judgment’s edgy, intimate, hip storytelling redefines expectations for public media.
The show sits on the razor’s edge of culture, race, gender, and sexuality. Snap Judgment has an urban sensibility, routinely crossing cultures in the blink of an eye. Applicants must be comfortable in dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds that may not have traditionally had voice on public media. Announcement
1) Quite simply, we are looking for an amazing someone. The skills required for the undertaking are vast, and this is only a short list. (This is a full time position based in Oakland, California.)
2) Most importantly, be able to work with host Glynn Washington and the Snap Judgment crew to create compelling storytelling across a variety of media – radio, video, theater. . .
3) Story first. Story first. Story first. We will test applicants on their ability to tell a story. Quickly.
4) Of equal importance is technical proficiency across a spectrum of media including audio, video, and possibly theater. Creative and musical use of sound is extremely important, as every single episode of the radio program is constructed with the care of a music album.
5) Project management skills an absolute must. Must be able to effortlessly juggle many conflicting duties with rigorous deadlines.
6) Interview both regular people and irregular artists and construct their stories into compelling narratives.
7) Manage web strategy, including copy editing, Facebook / Twitter updating, podcast creation, newsletter creation, etc.
8) Proactively get / create / rob / write / interview compelling stories.
9) Grunt work. Absolutely anything and everything that needs to get done.
Before applying, please go to SnapJudgment.org and listen to the full hour long episode, “Magic Doors”.
Also, please see the short short Snap Judgment film, “Nobody’s Punk” at:
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and links to 2 – 3 projects for which you had primary responsibility to Jobs@SnapJudgmentRadio.org. E-mail ONLY please!
The deadline for applications is 11 / 13 / 2009. Women and minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
Peace and soul! We can’t WAIT to hear from you . . .