Call for Walking Tour Proposals
ListenUp Audio, a spoken word producer based in Atlanta, is seeking pitches for original audio walking tours. These will be featured as part of a new, geo-located walking tour platform launching in the US in July (https://izi.travel/en).
This is primarily a writing job, as recording and post will be done at the ListenUp studios. Though original audio interviews & actualities can easily be incorporated.
We’re looking for people to write interesting, engaging, tourist-friendly walking tours. The tone should be highly conversational and casual (which is why we’re reaching out to the radio community). The goal is to make listeners feel like they’re walking with a friend.
For this first round, we’re requesting proposals for “general” tours of the cities listed below. We will eventually be producing numerous types of tours for cities and sites across the United States. Keep in mind: these are not in-depth works of narrative journalism so much as simple, well-written, entertaining experiences. You will be given writer credit on the web site and in the tour itself.
Writers will be required to build the tour route in the izi.TRAVEL CMS, which is pretty straightforward. Familiarity with Google maps is very helpful.
- High-interest tourist destinations.
- Approximately 12-20 points of interest, with an introductory story giving a theme and description of the tour.
- Walking time of less than 2 hours (1 – 1.5 is best)
- Total word count of around 4000 – 5000 words (no more than 6000). Approximately 250 words/stop.
- Washington D.C.
- New Orleans
$500 per tour
We’ll begin immediately in order to have ten tours produced by the end of March, with another twenty by end of April. The first group of tours will need to be completed by March 21 with a rolling deadline for later tours.
Please submit the following:
- Link to relevant sample of your work
- City from list
- Tour outline(s)
- Brief description as to why you’re uniquely qualified to write this tour.