Public Radio News Directors Inc. is teaming up with WNYC and the Robert C. Maynard Institute for Journalism Education to help journalists and media outlets better connect with diverse communities. This FREE workshop was created by the Maynard Institute and is designed for reporters, student journalists, news managers, program directors, and sales/underwriting staffs. Institute President Dori Maynard will lead the program and present ideas to:
• Use new tools to strengthen ties to previously underserved communities.
• Avoid technological/community mismatch.
• Create technology strategies to ensure that newsrooms are not inadvertently leaving potential audience members behind.
• Use the institute’s Fault Lines diversity framework to build a process of conceiving stories – business practices – that include a multiplicity of views across race, gender, generation, geography and class.
• Leverage diversity to increase the bottom line.
HERE ARE THE PARTICULARS:
Date: Wednesday November 13, 2013
Time: 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Place: The Greene Space at WNYC and WQXR
44 Charlton St., New York, NY 10013
Seating is limited. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to PRNDI President George Bodarky at email@example.com
FYI NYC folks. Great opportunity for students and pros alike to share ideas about reaching diverse communities. Details below. -Mia