British Film Festival encourages first-time directors. More info here: http://www.raindance.co.uk/site/festival
The 20th Raindance Film Festival will take place in London from 26 September to 7 October 2012. The festival aims to reflect the cultural, visual and narrative diversity of the international independent filmmaking community and specialises in films by first-time directors. Raindance accepts fictional, documentary and experimental features, short films, music videos and children’s films.
Submit Your Film Through Withoutabox
Submissions will be accepted from 1 November 2011.
The regular deadline is 6 May 2012.
The late deadline is 10 June 2012.
There is an extended Withoutabox-only deadline of 24 June 2012.
Films must be submitted on DVD only. The title, screening format and running time must be clearly labelled on the cover. Submitted copies will not be returned.
– All submissions must have been completed after 1 June 2011.
– Films must not have been released in the UK on any format.
– Films must not have been screened on the internet, television, cable any other media in the UK.
– Raindance requires at least a UK premiere for any feature film it screens, and London premiere for any short.
– Submission packages must include a preview copy, a completed 20th Raindance Festival Submission Form, the correct submission fee and a 50 word synopsis.
– All films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Exploitation or grossly indecent genres are not eligible.
Early deadline (6 May 2012):
• Shorts (up to 45 minutes long) – £20
• Features (45 minutes +) – £50
Late deadline (10 June 2012):
• Shorts (up to 45 minutes long) – £25
• Features (45 minutes +) – £75
Extended Withoutabox-only deadline (24 June 2012):
• Shorts (up to 45 minutes long) – £35
• Features (45 minutes +) – £100
The submission fee is not refundable
Payments not made through Withoutabox must be made in Pounds Sterling. Raindance is unable to accept payment in any other currency. Submission fees must be paid by cheque from a UK bank, international money order, Pounds Sterling travellers cheques or by VISA, Mastercard or Switch. Please make cheques payable to ‘Raindance Limited’.
Submissions should be sent to:
Raindance Film Festival
6-7 Little Russell Street
London WC1A 2HR