The pay for this gig isn’t great, but might be a good part-time opportunity for someone. Apply fast – they’re looking to fill the position by July 26!
TMC is searching for a blogger that can quickly take the reins on the Weekly Diaspora. The ideal candidate has experience writing about immigration issues with clarity and verve. They are also excellent at meeting firm weekly deadlines and have a love of independent media.
I’ve included a job description for the position below. Please pass this information on to individuals that might be a good fit. Since our turnaround time is tight, cover letters, resumés and references for this part-time position must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday, July 15.
*Women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply. The ideal starting date for this position is July 26.
*Status:* Freelance blogger/buzz-builder for “Weekly” news summary blogs, Contract is 3 months with option to renew.
*Who:* The Media Consortium
*Compensation:* Weekly stipend of $150 for approx. 10 hours/week ($15/hour)
The Media Consortium, a network of leading progressive independent journalism organizations, announces a freelance blogging and promotions position for a web and independent media savvy journalist with strong background in immigration and immigration reform.
This work is a key component of The Media Consortium’s MediaWire project–an aggregation and distribution initiative intended to spotlight, build traffic and generate buzz for Media Consortium members’reporting on the nation’s most critical issues including health care, immigration and the economy. For background on the project, visit www.themediaconsortium.org.
Media Consortium bloggers write weekly syndicated “best of” roundups highlighting exemplary content from our members. Blog posts will be based on content aggregated from the economy, environment, health care, immigration feeds aggregated on Delicious. Opportunities for longer, feature-length articles may arise later on. Articles and blog posts written by Media Consortium bloggers are featured in leading blogs and progressive journalism outlets across the country.
*Job requirements include:*
* Writing one weekly blog of 800-1000 words that rounds up and key stories from Media Consortium members for syndication across the net.
* Using social networking tools such as Facebook and Twitter to draw attention to weekly posts/blog.
* Helping identify online communities and sites to promote and place blog posts.
* Joining scheduled calls with Media Consortium staff to plan outreach and coverage.
* At least 2 years experience as an issue-based or political blogger or reporter
* Familiarity with progressive media organizations and the political/issue-based blogging community.
* Comfortable with the concept of adding multimedia elements to reporting.
* Self-starter and team player with a sense of humor.
*Note that this is a contract position. Send a cover letter, resume, and links to your work to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.*
Senior Program Associate The Media Consortium firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @tmcmedia / @erinpolgreen Skype: ErinPolgreen Cell: 312.841.055